Well that was a nice weekend. I got to finish all the stitching on Tiny Rose Mandala, it's now waiting for beads to arrive before being completed. This was my first time doing specialty stitches other than French knots, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing something else than crosses. Here is some eye candy for you:
I experimented a bit with the rose eyelets, thinking at first that 2 strands didn't provide enough coverage. I then tried 4 strands and thought it too bulky so back to 2 I went and I actually really like it now, it makes them delicate just like a rose should be.
A close up of the little rose corner gardens, the colors are just so beautiful together:
For the gates I stitched at first with 2 strands out of habit but ended up frogging that I switching to a single strand; I thought the iron work looked finer this way.
After I was done with this I picked up Winnie the Pooh and threw in a few stitches but I quickly got bored with it and moved on to Celtic Fire. No piccies yet as there is not much to see for now, but I am so excited to have started my first HAED that I just had to share :)
Working 1 over 1 is awesome in that I don't have to worry about the stitches not laying properly (no railroading, yeah!), but I still need to figure out the best way for me to start and end threads. Practice makes perfect!