Sunday 9 March 2014

Crochet Endeavors

Wow, it's been a while since my last post, I just haven't felt up to it really. In this past month I've made progress on a couple of stitching WIPs and started yet another one, but that's for a later update. I don't have any photos yet, and the daylight is long gone.

In the meantime, I've been kinda obsessed with crochet lately. Let's see...

A set of teapot and teacups coasters, a housewarming present for my sister:


A scarf, for my sister as well:


A pillow cover, for my living room. It's a bit wonky but the stuffing is really not ideal...
Front

Back



And I started my very first Crochet-A-Long (CAL), hosted by Moogly. The idea is to crochet 2 blocks a month throughout the year, so that at the end of the year we have 24 same-sized blocks ready to join for an afghan. I decided to draw from my tiny yarn stash and went with three shades of Stylecraft Special DK: Sherbet, Cloud Blue and Teal. All squares will be in these colors.

5 blocks have already been released so I'm playing catch up, but I am now done with 1, 2 and 4, and currently working on 5. I just wasn't feeling block 3, so I decided to skip it for now, and either come back to it later or just replace it with another design.

Block 1: Anticipation Mystery Afghan Block

Block 2: Catalina Afghan Square

Block 4: Veronica's Rose

Meh, looking at them all like that, my blocks need blocking (haha). They'll just have to wait until the end though.

2 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Well I love your wonky cushion!!!

Pull the other thread said...

Great work!!