Sunday 3 February 2013

HAED & Chatelaine

Hi ,
First of all, welcome new followers, and thanks everybody for your lovely comments.

My ginormous 30-inch scroll rods have arrived, and boy am I thankful hubby got me the Lowery stand as a Christmas present. Not sure how I would have managed without it... Talking about hubby, the poor guy has almost no room on the couch now that I am using them, he suffers for the sake of art :)

Those scroll rods are being used for my very first full size Chatelaine, Sleeping Beauty's Castle (SBC), and here is my small start on it:


Those few stitches in the grayish color are the first I've ever done with silk, and it's like a revelation. What a pleasure it is to stitch with!

I had been wanting to start SBC for a while and have been kitting it little by little, but first, I wanted to finish another HAED page before getting to it. So here is page 2 of Wheel of Fortune:


Back to SBC now, some more lovely silks and metallics are waiting for me.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Lovely start on SBC and your HAED ia looking super!

Adrienne said...

They both look fantastic!! I can't wait to watch SBC grow!

I'm hoping to start my own Chatelaine soon .. you make me feel braver!

Way to go. :)

Emma/Itzy said...

I would love to stitch a Chatelaine one day, I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this :)

Annie said...

Beaytiful stitching on both projects!

Unknown said...

wow that's a great start :D

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful start =) I love the work on your Haed =)
Poor Hubby. My boyfriend has his own couch ;-D

Camila Lino Lanigan said...

I have the same problem with my 27'' rollers. Aidan has to seat on the floor when Im using it :)
Good to see some progress on that HAED. xx Cami

Casa Pearl said...

You're making great progress on this.