Friday 29 June 2012

Dragonflies and Sea Babies

Time for a little update, so here is Dragonflies Whisper (3 over 1 tent stitch on 25ct lugana), after about a week of stitching:



Here is what it will look like when I finally finish it a gazillion years from now:



Then last night I realized that my friend Dani will be arriving in Ireland for a visit with her new baby boy in exactly a month, and I still hadn't started on the birth record I promised myself I would do to her! She did a her nursery in a nautical theme so I ended up chosing the Sea Babies birth sampler  by Stoney Creek:


Here is my start on it, stitching 2 over 1 full cross on 22 count hardanger fabric:


I am going to have to drop all other projects and focus on this one exclusively in order to finish it before her arrival on July 25th as it is almost 30,000 stitches...


In stitches,
Maud

2 comments:

StitchyDon said...

Great progress and good luck on reaching your target !!!! Wishing you speedy needles !!

Donna

http://donnascrossstitch.blogspot.co.uk/

Kaisievic said...

Two great starts.Good luck with gettting the birth sampler stitched in time.