Sunday 25 March 2012

Balloons update and floss toss

The balloons are done! I love how cheerful they are, perfect for a child's room. 




I have finished the backstitching everywhere, so there are only some more clouds at the top and then the measuring scale to stitch.This feels like finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been working exclusively on this project since December and it feels like it will never end, I can't wait to move onto something else.


Speaking of which, I am going away next week to spend some time with my family after some tough events. I know I'll have a lot of downtime so I'm taking some stitching with me; I needed something smallish as I am only taking cabin luggage, and finally decided on starting my first Nora Corbett chart, Lily of the Valley (my favorite flower and scent) from the Pixie Couture collection.




Here is a quick floss toss for eye-candy purposes:


Of course as always the fabric doesn't show well in pictures, it is actually a lovely Summer Skies 28ct Jobelan. I don't have the Kreinik and the beads yet, I'm hoping I'll be able to find them in France, and if not they'll just have to wait until I place my next Internet order.


TTYL!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

new follower here love seeing thepics of the height chart amazing work :D

Maud said...

thank you!

Tamara said...

I think your blog is great and have offered you a Liebster Award. Check out my blog for info.

lesli said...

Just found your blog...your stitchwork is so beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Veronica said...

Cute design. The colours are so vibrant. Looking forward to seeing your Lily of the Valley progress.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Anonymous said...

Hello

lovely design.

Looking forward to seeing Lily Of The Valley progress.

Happy stitching!

My Life In Stitches said...

What shops do you recommend. I am planning a trip to Paris soon and hope to stop at some shops. Darlene

Rhona said...

Another new follower here! Lovely stitching.Looking forward to seeing lily of the valley progress....one of my favourite fragrances (only the real thing though!!)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Returning the following, couldn't find your blog to start with but here I am now!
Looking forward to seeing Lily of the Valley stitched up.

Anne said...

Pretty Lily of the Valley! I like your floss toss and can't wait to see it started!!I also like those balloons!